December 03, 2008

Single digits!!!

I like how my friend summed it up in an e-mail today:
Every time i have a baby & i get to the last ten days, i swear i hear a HUGE booming voice in my head every morning when i wake up counting down like a space shuttle "TEN, NINE, EIGHT..."
That's pretty much it :)
Most of the time I feel like they are counting down way too fast! Like I'm driving and I'm pushing on the brakes but they don't work!

I just got back from my non-stress test and a Dr's appt. The non-stress test went really well and the nurse said everything looked "great"!
I had a different Dr. today, since mine is on holidays for a week. She's a new young doctor from South Africa who comes to our church. I was planning on asking her to 'check' me and see if I've dilated at all, but we're sort of in the beginning stages of becoming friends (she's only 28) so didn't want to 'ruin' a possible friendship...(if you know what I mean). So she checked the heart beat, fundal height, BP and the usual things - everything looked good.

I think the baby has dropped. Or at least my belly looks more 'full' then popping straight out. I almost look skinnier....if that's possible. But that's just today so maybe it'll be different tomorrow. I've lost 3 lbs. according to the clinic scale since last week - but I'm not worried about it this time. Neither was the Dr.

Have been feeling a bit crampy and have had more b-hicks lately - so I guess things are starting to happen.

Well, I guess that's my update for the day. Now I'm going to go have a nap - guilt free!

1 comment:

Carol said...

"feeling crampy" sounds like the beginning of something to me!! Best wishes!