January 09, 2009

Good or Bad?

So, we had a good night last night....or at least I think it was good...
I fed Kellan at 11, put him to bed at 11:45 and he slept until 7 am!!! Either he screamed for hours and we didn't hear him, he had a full tummy and slept great or something is wrong... We'll go with the 2nd option. But I'm thinking tonight I will set my alarm for 6 hours just cuz.

I'm trying to figure out a schedule for Kellan. He feeds every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours and usually a 5-6 hour stretch at night. He's pretty laid back so it shouldn't be too hard to get one figured out.

This weekend is my families Christmas. This year is all about the delayed/prolonged Christmas - I'm ok with that! Last night we went out to my parents for supper. Tonight is another family supper and tomorrow is our 'Christmas Day' - complete with turkey dinner and presents! I haven't had Christmas dinner yet this year so I'm pretty excited about it!

Hanging out with the fam:

Rebekah holding Kellan:

Yesterday Kellan and I had a check up at the Dr's office. Kellan is up to 9lbs 10oz! The other day that I had the health nurse out he was only 8lbs 8oz (at 2 weeks) so I was happy to hear he was gaining so good. My little boy is quickly growing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little man, and what an awesome sleeper! Enjoy your turkey dinner!

jessica jespersen said...

wow! Wes is still up pretty much every 2 hours to nurse in the night. I'm really looking forward to the first night when i wake up wondering why HE didn't wake me up. :) You must have really great milk and a contented little man there. Good job Jen!--j

paige said...

oh, i'm jealous! Gage is 11 mo & he still won't sleep through the night! Enjoy it when it happens, girl! i love the new pics. Seems he's changing every day ~ he is such a cute little baby!!! Can't wait till i can hold him...

Melissa said...

OH, this is VERY good!! Yay for sleeping babies!!

I had one of each - Joshua started 5-6 hours when he was a couple weeks old; by 8 weeks, it was 9-hour stretches, and a month or two later, it was 12-hour stretches, and we never looked back ('cept when he's sick). It was almost *too* easy...

Then there was Dustin. Completely different story. Every time he'd *almost* sleep through the night, he'd get sick...like with more than just a cold. He was about 14 months before he slept through the night. And even at that, it's not terribly consistent... last night he was up at 4:00 a.m. wanting to go potty and play with his Daddy. :)