January 13, 2009

No more coffee for me

So, after a couple nights of Kellan wide awake well into the night - I figured out (for the 2nd time - just forgot that I had already learned this lesson) that caffeine really affects him. I don't regularly drink a lot of coffee - only when we pass a Starbucks - so it shouldn't be too hard of a thing to give up. And if I REALLY want a cup I guess I am signing up to have a long night:)
Needless to say I enjoyed my (combined) 8 hours of sleep last night!

Kellan & Auntie Lorelle:

Rebekah showing us her musical mat:

We are now fully engrossed in The 2nd Season of LOST. Yes, we are 3 season behind but we borrowed Season 1 from Brian's sister 2 years ago and are finally getting back into it. Brian got Season 4 for Christmas so now we have to find Season 3 somewhere.

Uncle Warren:

The cousins chillaxin' on the floor:

As I had mentioned before and as you can tell from the pics, this past weekend was my family's Christmas. Friday night we had an appetizer night at my brothers, then Saturday we had a WONDERFUL turkey dinner and spent the day relaxing, playing games, chatting, opening presents and hot tubing at my parents.

Yes, we REALLY ARE watching the fireplace channel on TV!:

Kellan got spoiled by his Grandparents and Aunts & Uncles with tons of toys! His bedroom floor is piled with gifts I need to organize and put away.
Brian got the LOST DVD and also a bluetooth headset (very cool). I got a lantern that you put a candle in and some giftcards for some new clothes!! Pretty excited to use those and get some NON-MATERNITY clothes!

Presents!

The other day we counted only 4 days that we have been home - not having to bundle up and go somewhere or have our house full of visitors - since Kellan has been born (and he is 4 weeks old!) So we are pretty excited since tonight we have nothing planned! Even tho he is a GREAT baby, travels and sleeps so well, we are definately in need of some quiet, at home, family time!

Ok, nap time before munchin needs to eat.

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

When it comes to evening coffee, just go for decaf - it's the best way to enjoy coffee and not be up all night with the babe :)
but in the morning when you need that boost, go regular :)

Lola said...

I've found that even Chocolate does it to my babes. I love seeing pictures of Kellan. He's so cute!

Rochelle said...

Coffee ~ from one nursing mama to another (I found you through Paige and like to read along :) I find I can have 1 cup before noon so I just have one with breakfast. Other than that, I stick to a steamer (milk) at Starbucks. Pretty good stuff!