Well, we are on our way home from our spring getaway. Last Thursday we did a long day of travelling (11.5 hours) – Kellan did great! We stopped every 4+ hours for a stretch, some food and a diaper change. We left our place at about 6 AM so got to our brother & sister in law’s place around supper. Brian’s parents and other siblings were there (minus our one s-i-l who was holidaying in Hawaii – just a bit jealous). The 3 days with them went by WAY too quickly!



Sunday was our niece, Anaya’s baby dedication. What a sweet little dolly. We were glad to be able to be there to witness it as well.
Monday we went to Kelowna for a few hours of shopping (which I then proceeded to get sick – ugh!) Tuesday we stuck around and visited. Then today after lunch we headed for home. In between all the visiting and little trips Brian and his brothers worked in the studio and recorded most of a song (didn’t get the vocals done). They are amazing musicians and it’s neat to hear their talents, creativity and the progress that they make every day.

I’ve been *needing* some new clothes and I was able to add a few things to the closet on our couple shopping trips we did. I found a nice pair of trouser jeans, a vest/sweater, some t-shirts, and a pair of capris for the summer.Tonight we are staying in Jasper. We thought we’d take out time coming home and enjoy some time together as a little family before the busy spring season starts.
Kellan went swimming for the first time on Friday. He usually loves his baths so I was pretty sure he would like this too. The pool was really warm and so was the kiddie pool water so it was perfect. I put him in a cloth diaper (since I didn’t have any swimming diapers) and he was passed around between his relatives’ arms and he loved it! We have a pool in our hotel so we might take him tonight or tomorrow morning before we go.
My headache is pretty bad still today – not sure if it is from my infection but can’t think of anything else it would be.
This coming weekend/week will be a busy one for me. My due date for my courses are March 31st so I have to wrap up my 2 essays and study/write my PSYC exam. Then I’m DONE! Thursday is going to be a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment