I don't know what to blog about - but I'm in a 'bloggy' mood.
So, I just said good-bye to a friend after a short whirlwind visit. Her (and 2 of her kids) stayed over last night after a ladies event at our church she was singing at. We were able to get in a few short visits inbetween sound checks and my getting ready for the evening (decorating, powerpoint, salad-making...) which was good. Hopefully next time it will be a bit longer.
Thanks for coming Paige!!!
Paige and I were talking yesterday about Kellan. He had just woken up from a nap in the nursery at the church and I took Paige in to see how he wakes up (which is just happily laying in bed until I go get him - and then when I do he breaks out into smiles and lovey coos.) So, we went in, peaked into the crib and there he was quietly laying there and full of smiles when he saw us.
We were talking about how God must have given us this *precious* gift that we are able to enjoy here on earth after having to endure the pain of losing his older brother. His happy personality, contentness and good 'babyness'....just so much sweetness.
I can't really put into words what I am trying to say...
I was thinking while I was lying in bed last night again about how good Kellan is. I've often thought that if I was to have 2 kids (one content/easy baby and one fussy/hard baby) that I would rather have the hard one first since I would have more time and maybe able to enjoy the easy one more after having a hard one....but then I thought....I DID have a hard baby first. Not your regualar fussy, colicy baby....but a *hard* grieving, missing, empty arms - baby. And now I AM enjoying this little JOY he has bessed us with.
I'm struggling with words today - hope that makes sense....
Needless to say - we are enjoying this little man!
And still tenderly loving and missing his brother.
As good as he is tho...Kellan is not a perfect baby (pretty close tho). Yesterday he had THE WORST gas ever! When we went into nursery yesterday the room stunk! And we thought he had pooped his diaper a few times - nope, just gas!
Haha - at least he gets it out and doesn't keep it in to give himself tummy aches.
Mmmm...the sun is shining and it looks beautiful outside.
Guess I should get out of my pajamas and go enjoy it.
3 comments:
OH, I am so jealous... I know jealousy is bad, but still, I am jealous that you got to visit with Paige!! What was the occasion for a ladies' event? I don't remember ladies' events in the spring when I was there!
*pity party*
I'm glad you guys had a good visit.
And yes, your "hard" baby was your first. I like how you put it. So true.
That being said, Joshua was my 'easy' baby, and Dustin was a lot harder. Now I'm getting another 'easy' one. So far, anyway.
Gotta run...
Even though you thought your words were not adequate for your feelings, I do understand what you're trying to say! lol and I thought you did a great job saying it! lol
tears here. :) So nice to visit with Paige about babies isn't it!? On a sillier note: My babies are all continuously "Noxious"...unfortunately.--j
Post a Comment