June 25, 2009

I will not!

...get my hopes up for camping this weekend! I WILL NOT! Oh shoot....my hopes are up!

I worked a ton in my flower gardens yesterday. No more weeds!...for a few days anyways! They might even be picture worthy!:



A few of the trees/shrubs still don't have 1/2 of their leaves yet! It's been a cool spring and I think due to lack of water last fall and the cool weather they've been really slow!

We are loving the warm sun and fresh air lately, so to be able to do garden work and keep Kellan entertained we've brought his exercauser out side! One of our best ideas yet!

Veggies! Finally everything is up! The tomatoes and peppers got his with a late frost but they are slowly coming back too:


Cashed out after a big walk and lots of fresh air:

The past couple of days Kellan has figured out he has teeth. This is not a fun event for me!!! He only uses them if he is bored, full or not interested in eating - so I'm hoping he QUICKLY learns that I am not a toy, and that I tune in more to him! And since I've changed up his diet and we're also dealing with possibly more teeth (?) I'm kinda feeling out of control. Trying to figure out if he's hungry or teething or tired or bored (and not wanting to risk a bite)....up until this point he's been a very 'easy' baby so this is probably what it feels like to have a 'regular' baby :) I guess the biggest thing I am going to try is reading his cues. He's been a very scheduled (mostly by him) baby so I haven't mastered all of his cries yet. That way I can hopefully avoid the 'ouchies' and learn more about this sweet little guy.

There is this elderly lady that walks past our house every morning. It's fascinating to watch her because everyday she is perfectly dressed for the weather. I'm sure she has an enormous wardrobe because everyday it's something different. Fabric, temperature, wind, color, moisture.....everything is taken into consideration - and she is always right on the money. This morning it's warm out with just a slight breeze, so she has on medium/light weight capris, a tanktop, and a denim sleeveless jacket over top.
Ha ha! I don't know why I find her so amusing :)

This past weekend I watched the town parade with my s-i-l and neice. It was a great parade this year - lots of great floats and candy!
Me with the kiddies. Notice Kellan eyeing the candy!:

Well, today I am going to probably spend lots of time outside and I'm sure I'll give in to my 'hopes' and pack the camper! We are 'planning' to go to a little that is about an hour from here. It's a canoeing lake that had tons of renovations done to it the last couple of years. We're super excited to try out the camper and take Kellan on his first camping adventure!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Nice looking flower garden and you have a good-sized vegetable garden. That is a lot of work! Good for you! Good luck with the camping!

Lola said...

Your flower beds look great. And you're baby is so sweet. Are you home on the 10th of July. I may be going to Edmonton and thought I'd stop in on the way if you were around. Also, Kat's in Calgary for a month. We should reunite!

mtvantol said...

Nice gardens Jen. Great pictures of our grandson too.
Dad

kelly ens said...

BEAUTIFUL garden/yard. Kellan is adorable as EVER.