June 16, 2009

This is where I get creative

Kellan is a productive teether - he's pushing both bottom teeth. And like all babies - he's a little crabby during this process. So last night, as I was cuddling and jiggling, I was singing to him. My 'soothing teething song' bank seemed to be empty so I went into the creative file and made up my own. Something about how his daddy was mowing the lawn and one day he will mow the lawn....
Maybe (hopefully) once the next child (or even the next tooth) comes, I will have more of a children's song repitoire. But until then - he's stuck with my made up ones :)
He must be on the mend today. He just went down for his nap on his own (no rocking or nursing to sleep) so things are looking up.

K celebrated his HALF BIRTHDAY yesterday! W.O.W! Where did that go?

-6 month stats-
Height: 25.5 inches
Weight: 14 lbs 5.5 ounces
Head: 44.5 cm

On Saturday we went up to the city and we BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE! Errr....a house on WHEELS that is....and 'new' meaning: new to us! We're pretty excited! Here's our new diggs:




We've chatted before about getting a tent trailer, then when we were thinking a bit more seriously about actually getting one, we thought if we are going to spend the money on getting a trailer, we should get one with a bathroom - especially when our family is only going to get bigger (pretty sure that is totally ungrammatically written). So, after a few days of searching the classifieds and making a few phone calls, we are now the proud owners of a 1986 Golden Falcon! I love how it is totally 80's inside. Not sure why I dreamed of having brown and orange stripped cushions and curtains - but my dream came true!
Needless to say we're pretty excited about this upcoming camping season, and are waiting for our first free weekend to test it out!
Yesterday I was busy cleaning it out and will be doing more of that today. I'm also very excited to move all our camping gear into the trailer, which opens up a few shelves in our storage room. I'm all about storage!

5 comments:

paige said...

o my goodness, Jen! Come park that sucker in front of my house :) hehe. That looks like FUN for sure! Cai would be so jealous.
(((hugs)))) to sweet teething little boy :)

kelly ens said...

Awww, Kellan's such a little peanut (compared to Ezra, anyway). he is SO adorable.
Maybe I need to get creative with the teeth-cutting songs too. Ezra's pushing two top ones now (middle and side, so not even an 'even' look!)
LOVE the new 'house'! how awesome is that!!!!!

jessica jespersen said...

Wes is teething too. Chomping on a HUGE cold carrot freshly peeled from the fridge helps... and pickles. He did his bottom two first and then a big row of 3 on the top are coming through all at once. Ellie came to me last night complaining of a "canker sore" and when i looked in her mouth, her 6 year molars were poking out! We've got teethers galore around here. haa! Remember the song "When you wake up in the morning and it's quarter to 2 and you don't know what to do... you brush your teeth, ch-ch-chch-ch ch ch ch ch!..."??? See if Kellan likes that one!--j :)

jessica jespersen said...

VERY cool diggs by the way. FUN!!--j

Lori-Dawn said...

wow!! lots of fun!! I can't wait to go camping too! Mind you, our tent will probably be quite a bit colder than your sweet new home! The spontaneous made up songs are the best...really! I did that all the time with Shyla and soon I would be singing scriptural blessings over her. So forget the silly mind numbing songs that have no meaning and keep makin' them up!!! Kellen is so adorable!