Brian's parents are here visiting for the week. We are enjoying their company and have even used their free baby-sitting services ;) They are leaving tomorrow so we'll be sad to see them go.
A couple weekends ago we took a little camping trip to a nearby lake. We had a great time just relaxing and going for lots of walks. Might be the last campout of the year.


Kellan has cut himself almost fully off of breastfeeding :( He still takes his AM feed really well, but as decided he's a 'big boy' and would prefer to drink out of a sippy cup and eat meat and potatoes. I guess I can't hold onto my baby forever...
The last couple of days he's figured out how *fun* it is to squeel/scream. Sometimes he does it for attention and other times he just likes the sound of his voice. So we are currently trying to get to him before he gets too tired/frustrated/bored and teach him that squeeling is NOT COOL! No where in the "What you need to know about kids before you have them" book did it say anything about children screaming. Maybe I skipped that chapter ;)
Being serenading by Daddy:
He's starting to love his jolly jumper and is now actually jumping (go figure, hey?) The only problem is the doorway it is hanging in is a little narrow and when he gets rambuncious his head finds the doorway. No major battle wounds yet tho.
We had our friends over for supper the other night. They have 2 little kids. Their youngest, Lane, apparently doesn't know there is appropriate and unappropriate gestures between boys... Ah well. We had a great time visiting and it was fun to see Kellan interacting with other kids now. I'm guessing we are going to have to work on sharing and learning what the word selfish means.
Last night Brian and I went over to our friends place where they were having their 2nd Annual Race Event. This year Brian entered his own car (MY car acually) and had a great time. He's going to have to do a bit of trouble shooting mechanics since it kept overheating. I took pictures with my m-i-l's camera so I'll have to get them from her before they leave.Post-bath cuddles:
Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
Kellan doesn't realise what a good thing he is giving up! Keep up that morning nursing as long as you can!
Post a Comment