September 24, 2009

Fall is here

I should go have a shower. Actually I REALLY should go exercise then have a shower.
NAH! I'm gonna blog!

Yesterday afternoon after K's nap we went and rode around with Brian in the combine. Kellan is all boy! The noise and the machines didn't bother him at all. He was pretty enthralled actually. After a while it got a little boring so I put him on the floor of the combine and he picked away at peices of straw and grain (possible even ingesting a few). After our ride we went and helped my Mom with supper then took it out to the field.



I'm on 'main course' duty tonight for supper so I have the meat thawing on the counter. I'm not too familiar with cooking for so many people so I welcome the experience even if it is a little nerve-wracking.

Pink bib? Let me explain...

This summer, my parents business took them a few hours north spraying for grasshoppers. A local hutterite colony up there booked a large amount of work so my parents took their equipment to the colony and 'set up shop' in their yard. Anyways, my Mom got quite involved with the hutterite women and 'became one' for a week. She became good friends with a few of the ladies, one which made this pink bib for Kellan. :)

The past couple days it's been stinkin' hot here. I think it was 31-32 degrees here yesterday - very unusual for September. Kellan and I decided to enjoy the heat (which I'm sure will be the last time before winter sets in) so we played on the grass with the garden hose and a bucket. Kellan loves water and he had a great time.

His improvised crawling since the dry grass was prickly on his knees.

Yesterday morning I took Kellan to get his 9 month weight check. I think it is a little ridiculous that I have to do the monthly weights but my Dr. thinks it's important. I actually don't really mind since I kinda get a kick out of filling in all the blanks in Kellan's baby book. Not sure if I will be able to keep up with all the kids tho ;)

Anyways, here is the 9 month shot/stats:

17 lbs 13 oz. Still in the 10th % for weight.

Wow I take WAY too many pictures of Kellan!


Ok, off I go!

8 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

How great that he loved his combine ride! Sounds like harvest is going well. Miss y'all!

kelly ens said...

you do NOT take too many pictures of Kellan!!!! :) he is SO cute. glad you could enjoy a beautiful day!
hope dinner goes well tonight.

Lori-Dawn said...

how long is he now??
He's so adorable, never too many pictures..the firstborn always gets the most taken...hehe
I hate the monthly checkups too...and since this is my 3rd I don't bother...lol
I just use my scale at home and sit him up...at birth there was only a 3 oz difference compared to the hospital scale so I'm not too worried about how accurate it is..lol

Mrs Manz said...

I love reading your blog Jen. :) Truly - I smile everytime you update. We've been out to the field a few times too. Peyton stands at the window of Kurt's truck and waves at the combine as they fill on the go... I hope it isn't too distracting for him 'cause she loves it! :-D

Lori-Dawn said...

thx Jen!! lol
I love measurements! hehe is it weird that I compare my son to Kellen, and a couple other babies born in Nov./Dec???? He's so on par with them all!! LOL

mtvantol said...

You don't take enough pictures of Kellan! He is so adorable and growing so fast. I love the pics. He is looking so 'little boy' now. Great father/son pics too. Love him, love you, love you all. Wish we lived next door... ok, maybe not next door but down the next street maybe.

Carol said...

I like the pictures of Kellan in the combine with his dad!

middie said...

props accountability partner...your kid is adorable