September 28, 2009

We laughed until we cried

Yesterday was a great day. After an early morning worship practice and church service we came home and relaxed. We were a bit rushed in the morning and luckily I grabbed some granola bars for the road but by the time church was over and we were thinking about what we should make for lunch we were RAVENOUS! Brian suggested ordering chinese food - so we did just that! By the time we drove home (church is 20 minutes away) our food was ready to pick up. We dove into that very quickly and probably with little manners :S After our fill of greasy but YUMMY food we curled up on the couch and watched a movie...and ate halloween candy (not sure how much will be left for the trick or treaters - hehe!) After Kellan woke from his nap we went for a chilly family walk and had some supper (some equally unhealthy nachos!) Before bed we broke out a board game and oh we laughed SO hard!
G.R.E.A.T day with my boys!

Out for a walk:

Here's a little story in pictures....
Adventures with Kellan

And YES he was playing with the toilet brush - THANKFULLY it hadn't made it to his mouth!

"It's snack time Mommy!"

How about a little dirt for a snack?

Where's Kellan?

Playing Daddy's guitar of course!

"Mom I have a poopy diaper! You get the clean diaper I'll get the toilet paper!"

So, the other day Kellan had a very grumpy day. He's been struggling with napping lately and that day it all caught up to him. You can tell by this face it's not going to be a very good day :)

After most of the day with very little nap, I decided to give Kellan a bath to see if that would settle him a bit. My plan didn't quite go as originally thought (aka: screaming in the tub) BUT it did end with the hoped results:

Unfortunately it didn't last as long as needed since this was the outcome:

Thankfully he settled again to go to bed at his usual bedtime and awoke his happy little self the next day.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jen - those are fantastic pictures!!! I love the 'story'!!

Carol said...

Cute post!

paige said...

HAHAHAAAA!!!!!
i love this! i think Kellan gets cuter every single time i see a picture of him. Gorgeous boy, j.

Jen said...

Great story! I love happy Happy days! (And I love halloween candy!)

Jon and Sarah said...

Lauren does all those things as well--the dirt, climbing behind things, the refrigerator, etc. :)