Here's an article from the hazing that went on this year at my old highschool.
I was a student back when duct-taping kids to a fence (sometimes with their pants down) and were paddled with a stick....I guess over the last 8 years the board/teachers haven't done too much to make things better. Hope they figure it out over the next 14 years before my kids are in highschool.
So horrible...
2 comments:
I can't stand to hear about hazings or initiations. My son starts high school on Tuesday (grade 9 in Ontario)and as far as I know this doesn't happen much anymore around here. Of course, he wouldn't be going to any kind of bush party, but still, there is no excuse for anyone to treat another person this way.
well said carol (about your son not going to any bush party) - i'm trying not to... but it's *hard* not to roll my eyes at the mom who decided to let her son go to that party even though they were anticipating a little hazing... were they also anticipating a little alcohol? c'mon, mamas... give your head a shake...
Post a Comment