September 07, 2009

Short long weekend

Brian's brother is here for a few days for a visit....light on the visit part tho. Harvest is kicking into full gear and so he's helping out with that. He flew in on Friday afternoon and Brian brought him straight to the farm and got him working.

(enhanced just a wee bit):

Yesterday tho we were able to take a break and relax. We slept in and had breakfast at lunch :) The boys played some tennis, we went skeet shooting with my Dad and then rented a movie and made pizza. Fun!






Now the boys are back in the fields and I'm cleaning up the mess we made here yesterday. Well actually....I'm quite obviously taking a break :)

Kellan is on the move! He's crawling everywhere and starting to pull himself up to stand. The other day I had to rearrange my living room and make it a little more baby friendly. He is working on his 4th tooth right now and is once again a super teether! We're still hanging on to breastfeeding. At least once, maybe one or two more 1/2 feeds if I catch him when he's still waking up. I'm good with that. I'm not yet ready to let that go - so I'm glad he's allowing me the privelege to keep on going for a while.

This year I haven't been doing much for canning or preserving vegetables. We planted less of a garden this year, which has actually been just about perfect. I can't keep ahead of the zucchini (as usual) but we've been enjoying tons of fresh yummy veggies. I would like to make salsa when the tomatoes are ready but that won't be for a while. When Brian's parents came to visit a couple weeks ago (more on that later), his Mom and I made 2 batches of jam, which turned out really great so that was fun. Peaches for some reason haven't really been a big seller around here. Not sure why but I have been waiting for the boxes to come in but I guess I might have missed them.

So, Brian's parents came a couple weeks ago. I think I blogged a bit about that but not much. We had a great time when they were here. Brian's Dad wasn't feeling very good for a few days so that was too bad but we had a good time visiting and letting them babysit for a bit and fill up on hugs and cuddles with little K.

Visiting Brennan's grave:


The boys:

Oma & Opa:

2 comments:

Carol said...

Kellan is really changing fast - looks so much older!

Aletha said...

Hi! It's great to read your blog and catch up a bit on your life. Thanks for sharing and keep writing!