Well, tomorrow is Brian's first day at being "Mr.Mom". I have to take my CPR refresher course and he is excited to stay home. I'm sure they will do fabulous.
I am planning on going back to work when my year is over - RIGHT before Christmas! :( Altho I do get a whole week off over Christmas so I am NOT complaining! Brian will be staying home the days I work (about 2 days/week) until the farm spring work starts (April/May) and then we will re-evaluate.

Kellan is such a joy these days. He's able to stand for a few seconds here & there and it's pretty cute to watch! It's neat also to see his personlaity and preferences come out more when he's playing. He has a puppy that he always sleeps with and will pull it out of a basket full of stuffed animals. He loves playing with balls, strings, blocks he can knock over and anything with buttons and music. He's starting to 'dance' and can even clap ON BEAT (well, as on beat as a 10 month old can)!

This past Saturday we had a little birthday party for my Dad. My brother and his wife were down for a few days so it was good to visit and spend some time with them too. One of my Dad's favorite desserts is cherry pie, so I made him one totally from scratch from the cherries off of our tree. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! Pitting the cherries was a little tedious but totally worth it. It calls for 4 cups of cherries and since they were thawed and no longer plump, I packed 400 cherries into that pie! (yes I counted [one cup then multiplied] and yes I pitted them all!)Grandma always has the best toys!:
My neice was scared to get smoke in her eyes but wanted to help Grandpa blow out the candle:
Remember the sweet little dolly I was talking about the other day? Well here she is!...my neice ~ Jana Ruth!
I wanted to wait until they had a chance to tell everyone before I 'went public'. We visited them after they got home on Sunday evening and she was even sweeter then the first time I saw her. So precious!
Well, I'm going to go jump back into bed and warm up. I might even get a nap in if I'm lucky!
7 comments:
Jana Ruth.. welcome to the world, sweet girl!! You are already a delight to everyone around you!! :)
Hope going back to work goes well for you - it will be an adjustment for all of you.
The cherry pie sounds and looks delicious!
Happy Birthday again sweet Jen! Wish we were there to give you a hug. love mom & dad vanTol
Mmmmm--that pie sounds delicious!
Kellan is such a cutie.
:)
Mmmmm--that pie sounds delicious!
Kellan is such a cutie.
:)
i love that nudie shot of Kellan... cracks me up.
Back to work so soon? I'm sure it will be nice to get back in the swing of things. It hardly seems like a year has gone by already.
Is 2 days a week your regular rotation? Sounds just right after having Kellan. Not too much. I hope the transition back goes well for you. :)
Post a Comment