October 26, 2009

Handwriting

I think handwriting is fascinating.

My handwriting...which is mostly printing, is ok. I'm quite picky when it comes to pens tho. I have amazing writing if I have BIC Crystal ball point pen that is a little bit dry...I wasn't lying when I said picky. A sharp pencil works great too. But if you give me a inky smooth flowing pen it's like I threw up on the page. Not good. I LOVE to write. I used to rewrite my notes in school just because I loved it so much.

But I love seeing other peoples handwriting and how their personality comes out in it.
My auntie has the most beautiful & meticulous writing I have ever seen. It so dainty but swirly and perfect. It should be featured in a calligraphy magazine.
I also have a friend who's writing is so perfectly a representation of her quirky, funky but beautiful self. It should be framed and put on show at an art gallery.
Another friend is a little OCD and is very particular and presice in the things she does. Her writing is sooo like that. Every 'i' is dotted j.u.s.t. s.o. and the quotation marks, commas and the rest are perfectly placed and s.o. e.x.a.c.t.
And my husbands writing is neat enough. Some people can't read it but I guess my eye is trained pretty good to it. He writes in ALL CAPS. Funny tho that he doesn't speak that way.
Then there is another friend. She is petite and beautiful and quirky and just so great. But her writing is just so awful! It's almost like she writes with her left hand but doesn't know that she is actually right handed.

Fascinating!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

The friend whose writing is such a representation of her funky, beautiful, and quirky self... that's PAIGE, isn't it?? :) I LOVE her writing!!

I like your description of your left/right-handed friend's writing!! :)

Melissa said...

P.S. fun post!!

Jen said...

Well, it actually wasn't Paige but she DOES have amazingly 'poetic' and beautiful handwriting. It's so fun - mine is pretty boring.

Lola said...

Mine is horrific. It changes with the day and is a awful mix of bad cursive and sloppy print.

Garth and Becky said...

I so agree with you. Auntie E. has amazing handwriting. I loved it as a kid and do now as well. My husband writes in all caps, too!