I went into work this morning for a few hours to re-orientate to things. Read the communication book, do some paper/computer work, say 'hi' to everyone and have repeat conversations about Kellan and work...
As I walked in to the staff room this morning I was greeted with hugs and happy hello's. I felt welcome and missed. It felt good and I was almost a little bit excited about working again.
I came back home to a clean house and a happy boy. Brian was Mr. Mom while I was gone and I think he's hired. When I left this morning the kitchen was a MESS (we usually live like pigs on the weekends then clean up the after math on Monday) when I got home it was spotless and lunch was waiting on the stove for me :)
3 more weeks of staying at home with my baby. I will savour every moment.
P.S. I'm only going back 1/2 time - which is about 2 - 12 hr shifts/week. Not too much, but it's getting back into the nursing mind-set again.
1 comment:
Jen, you'll undoubtedly miss Kellan the first few shifts, but going back likely creates a good balance. Two days out using the skills you have and were trained in is a happy way to enjoy the best of both worlds. (Nice to have such a capable nanny!)
Post a Comment