January 23, 2010

Dear Brennan,

Happy Birthday sweet little baby!
It's been 2 years since I held you in my arms.
Those beautiful & cherished moments I got to be your momma here on earth - I wouldn't give them up for anything in the world. Those few hours I got to hold you close to me, I now hold closely to my heart.

I wish I could visit you, even for one day. Just to see you and to hold you in my arms again. I bet you are getting tall. Is your hair still dark like mommy's or did it fade to blonde like daddy's? What color are your eyes? I never did see your eyes...

I wish you could tell me about heaven. I wish I could meet your friends and listen to the bedtime stories told by the angels. I bet those are pretty neat.
I want to walk through the heavenly fields of flowers, holding your hand. I want to see the great palace you call home. Are the streets really made of gold?

I know one day my dreams will come true; God says it's really soon. It's just so hard to wait. But for now we will keep holding your memories close and never forgetting your fragile little life that touched our hearts so deeply.

We are throwing you a little birthday party today (probably not as good as the party you will get in heaven today tho.) We are having your favorite: ceasar salad & orange juice! There is even cheesecake for dessert! We'll visit your grave too, I'm sure it will be all covered in snow. I hope you like the flowers.

I'm sorry this is kind of scattered. It's hard to think & see between the tears.
Mommy & Daddy love & miss you so much - but we know you are being taken care of very well, I know I don't have to worry.

I love you my son. My firstborn.

Love, Momma

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jen...

*holy moments*

Big hugs today, and happy birthday to sweet Brennan - I can't wait to meet Him!

Love,
Mel.

Garth and Becky said...

Beautifully written from the heart, Jen. No doubt Brennan and Grandpa are celebrating his birthday together! How wonderful they have each other now.

Ruth said...

Thinking of you today
Ruth

kelly ens said...

so beautifully written. i can only imagine how hard it is to wait until you get to be with Brennan again. won't that be a party! :)