Yep, we're still here - haven't got into the blogging mode yet.
I work a ton this week. Today is my only day at home so I'm cleaning, cooking, doing laundry and relaxing today. Kellan had a early nap this morning so I thought I'd have one too - I guess I'll have to check 'relax' off the list now. That's progress right?
This working thing is really kicking me in the butt! My house is much messier then A) before we had Kellan and I worked, and B) when I was on mat leave with Kellan and I didn't work. So, I'm learning how to make better use of my time on my days off.
Kellan is walking tons these days. I'm not sure when to say he 'officially' started walking, but he's up to 17 steps in a row. He's probably walking as much as crawling. I love watching him toddle around and it's suprised me this morning to turn the corner in the hall and meet up with a little boy also walking around the corner.
Brian is suffering from a killer cold the last couple days. Yesterday he lead worship at church with no voice. He squeaked and struggled his way through the speaking and beginning of songs then mouthed his way through the rest. This morning he has his voice back but has a pretty nasty cough. Poor guy even went to work today. Kellan had it last week, so I'm guessing my turn is coming :S
Yesterday we were both pretty tired after church but since Kellan wasn't we decided to bring our duvet & pillows into Kellans room, shut the door and let him play while we napped. It was a good idea until Kellan thought it was a game, got really excited and puked in my hair and down my neck. Niiiice. That was the end of the nap for me - Brian managed to sleep through Kellan using him as a jungle gym, so at least one of us got our nap in.
Well, I better get on with my list.
2 comments:
Go Kellan!!! i hope you will post a video of his walking soon :)
i hope you don't catch the boys' colds though; as if you aren't tired enough from this adjustment back to work :(
17 steps is walking in my books - so congrats Kellan! When Z started walking, I started making up my own milestones: 'stepping, destination walking (go to Daddy, etc.) and finally cruising' Very fun times!
Don't beat yourself up too much over your housework! You have plenty of time to clean your house, but only a few short years to enjoy Kellan's toddler days. If you're interested, check out the book Sink Reflections (Flylady). While my house has never been in the 'CHAOS' (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) she describes (think Hoarders, How Clean is Your House, etc.) I do find her 'routines' and strategies to be real helpful in keeping me on track.
Glad your back! :o)
Post a Comment