March 05, 2010

Birthdays & Anniversaries

The house remains quiet as the boys still sleep.
The world outside my window looks dirty as spring tries to make an appearance. I've been cooped up at work the last couple days so I am looking forward to this afternoon when things warm up and Kellan and I can go walk in the puddles.
Tomorrow is our anniversary. 6 years! I think we are headed to the city for the day - not sure tho. We're not huge celebrators, so eating a nice meal at home would be sufficient, but we'll see what we decide.
I tried to spoil Brian on his birthday (which was Tuesday).
The day started off with the 2nd generational tradition of waking the birthday boy/girl (obviously boy in this case) with a round of "Happy Birthday" and presents. Kellan made it much more entertaining this year, so was glad I didn't have to sing alone. We (I) got Brian a really nice watch. He's always had just one watch which ends up being a cheap Timex that has welding burns and scratches all over it. So now he has a 'good' watch and a work one. I think he was pretty impressed.
After we dragged our butts out of bed, I offered to make him a birthday breakfast of his choice but he opted for his usual toast & pb.
The phone calls promptly started at 8 am (maybe a little before) as his siblings always race to be the first to call. His sister, the reigning champion for many years, lost out to her younger brother by about 5 minutes :) Sorry Cor, better luck next year!

After Brian left for work (I think birthdays should be stat holidays...any one else agree?) we started on the suprise supper of sushi. I thought it would be a very timely and frustrating affair, but it actually turned out to be pretty easy! So by noon I had supper ready to go.

Coloring a birthday picture for Daddy:

When Brian got home he was pleasantly suprised and impressed by the wings and sushi on the table. After we filled our bellies we watched our favorite show (Lost) and ate his requested birthday dessert - Oreo icecream.


It was a quiet but fun day - that's usually how we like things.
I can feel my pregnancy eczema flaring up as I type. It was really bad with Brennan (until I found a cure) so I either have to dig out my cream or book a flight to the coast where the air is not so dry. I'm liking the later idea.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Hey Jen, it's nice to hear how your family is doing. SO sorry to hear about your eczema -- there's nothing worse than the feeling of wanting to tear your skin off. I hope you find some relief.

Happy belated to Brian. Good job with the sushi. I'm impressed! :)

Carol said...

You have inspired me to try my hand at making sushi! Happy Anniversary!