Well, the Olympics are over and our family room is a MESS! There is remnants of food, dishes, toys and just plain upheaval down there. I'm glad I waited to spring clean that room - cuz now it really needs it! At least our upstairs living quarters are clean - I don't feel quite so far behind in cleaning and life when it's neat and tidy up here. Oh (this is totally random), I figured out that while Kellan takes his baths that I should clean the bathroom! Novel idea isn't it!?!
It's Brian's birthday tomorrow, so today I'm headed to the 'bigger town' to get groceries and a few other things that our small town doesn't have. I'm going to try my hand at making sushi for his birthday supper. Has anyone ever tried before? Any tips/ideas?
I might sneak into the new maternity/kids boutique too...I don't really need anything yet, but it's fun to look!
K, better get started on my day.
3 comments:
happy early birthday to brian!
our kitchen is a disaster from our closing ceremonies 'party' last night. now we all have to get back to 'life' pre-olympics :)
i've made sushi - we always do california rolls...nice long strips of cucumber, avocado, imitation crab, a strip of mayonnaise down the middle of the rice where you lay all the ingredients. keep a half inch of seaweed at the end without rice on it to make allowance for the rice that may get pushed out during rolling. If you don't have rolling mats, use saran wrap (although rolling mats are fantastic and inexpensive). roll as tightly as you can.
good luck! if you need a sushi rice recipe, let me know :)
Use lots of rice vinegar in your rice and don't Squish the rice when you spread it on or you'll have mush. We use a lot of lettuce, cucumber, avocado, smoked salmon or tuna.
Your family room sounds like my living room after Alberta's birthday party.
Happy Birthday Brian!
I have no sushi advice.
But I have, like you, been known to clean the bathroom while the kids are in the tub. :)
Happy birthday to Brian!!
Post a Comment