Today and I'm bound and determined for Brian to feel the baby kick.
I've only felt babe kick my hand 2 or three times, but I know Brian is anxious to have proof that there is a real live baby in here - not just a made up excuse for me to put on weight :)
At the beginning of my pregnancy I wrote down all the other momma's who are expecting along with me. Lately that list has been dwindling. That means that my time is coming. Maybe not soon soon....but soon enough.
I'm not even close to being ready for this little one. No, it wouldn't take me long to haul out the rubbermaid tubs of tiny outfits and sleepers and get Brian to set up the play pen, but I know God planned pregnancies to be 9 months for a reason...to prepare our hearts, minds, and lives for a new little miracle.
My sweet little 6 inch miracle :)
I like how God makes pregnancies just long enough to make us go crazy with anticipation. I'm sure he could have sped up the growing time and cut it down to 8 months, but He throws in a little patience & character building with that last month.
I feel that the past 4 1/2 months have sped by, but I'm sure by that 36 week mark things will slow to a dragging pace...
But for now I will enjoy my rapidly expanding belly and the soft little pokes and tickles that brighten my day.
3 comments:
i love your baby ticker at the top :)
i hope brian gets to feel the baby kick soon too!
yes, interesting how God made it 9 months...that last month...!
I look back at the last 35 weeks and wonder where time has gone. Hard to believe it's nearly time to meet this little one. Excited for you...you're almost halfway there!!
It took me a lot longer to feel this baby moving. I think I'm around 23 weeks now and I've only felt baby for a couple weeks. Jesse got to feel a really good kick today so that was nice. The idea of having two children seems so ridiculous to me now that I'm pregnant, so I am thankful for the 9 months. I have days where I am excited, but most of the time I am either pre-occupied or freeking out a little. I just keep reminding myself that AdaLynn will love being a sister (hopefully more often than not) and that when this baby comes it will easily open up my heart! :-)
Post a Comment