March 24, 2010

Worth it...

I've got a rug burn on my foot....but chasing my little son around the living room and listening to his hysterical giggles was worth it.
I'm out of breath....but teaching my boy the 'hokey-pokey' and watching him figure out his dancing moves was worth it.
I'm sick of looking at the same book over and over....but hearing him say new words this morning as we read it was worth it.
I had to take time away from my morning coffee and lazy computer time for disciplining my toddlers screaming and spitting....but learning that all he wanted was a hug and for me to watch cars out the window with him was worth it....especially when I received a kiss on the lips (which is a rareity)....k, that one was *SO* worth it.
Washing wax crayons out of a little boys mouth....but proudly displaying my child's first artwork on the fridge was worth it.
Dragging my butt out of my warm & cozy bed on a day I *could have* slept in....but hearing him say "mommy" for the first time when I opened up his bedroom door was worth it....no, that one was a *SO* worth it too.