April 22, 2010

Glorious sunshine

I think we have a talker on our hands.
I've done a fair bit of baby sign language with him but he's choosing differently.
When I sign 'all done' after a meal he'll try to say "all done" instead.
I think he has waved good-bye about 5 or 6 times but prefers just to say "bye".
He signed 'milk' for about a week, and now he just runs to the fridge and says "num num".

Works for me.

Reading books (aka: "bookah") with Dad:

Today we are planning on going to the Mom's & More group at our church. Kellan must have been woken up by the birds at 6 or 6:30 so I'm not sure what napping will look like today. I have the urge to make that as my excuse to not go, but I know that Kellan is rarely overly grumpy when he skips or is late for a nap so I just need to suck it up and go. I'm sure it will be great if I go, I just wish I was more of a social butterfly sometimes. I could be a hermit quite easily.

Baking cookies with Mom:

Yesterday I did quite a bit of yard work. 'Quite a bit' has a different meaning for me this year since probably 1/2 the time we were outside it was me chasing Kellan out of the neighbors yard or helping him on/off his little bike.
Despite the wind it was glorious to be outside in the sunshine after the long winter.
And, I will be quite thankful when we finally get around to putting up a fence. Oh Happy Day!

Last night we had our first campfire.
So good.
We planned all of our camping adventures for the summer and can't wait for seeding to be over so we can start!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OK, I have a few thoughts... and yes, I want answers!!!...

Did you go to Moms & More? Who goes there that I would know? I don't remember this running when I was there... but then again, I didn't really qualify as a "mom" back then, and wasn't comfortable just being a "more".

Cookies - are those SMARTIES???? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT PICTURES DOES TO A GIRL LIKE ME WHO IS ON THE HOME STRETCH OF A WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITION? It's a good thing I don't have any smarties in the house, or YOU would be in big trouble! And it's a good thing you live too far away to come and snaffle some cookies.

And... do you not have a fire ban? lucky ducks... we have a ban, so no campfires here!

Kellan is cute. :)

Jen said...

Hey Mel,

Moms & More just started up again. There was only 2-3 moms with little ones for the longest time but now there is getting to be a bit more.
It might have been around when you were here - not sure - I know Betty & Dixie put it on for a while.
Yes, Smartie cookies:) Brian's favorite!
Well, we weren't sure about the fire ban. There was a big sign on the way into town but now it's gone so we were gonna act dumb and say we thought it was off :)

paige said...

moms & more was there when i was in daysland...i suffer from hermititis though too - but shari would sometimes make me go...