...that made my little baby into a little boy.

Who is this child who is blowing me kisses and puckering up for real ones?

Who is this small one who will bring me his favorite car book and wiggles his bum into my lap when I am sitting on the floor, or who will say "hi-bye" when I tell him I will see him later?

Who is this little man who can make it from one end of the house to the other in less then 5 seconds? Who taught him how to run?

Who is this tiny life that I once could not envision in those big boy clothes I used to have packed away...which I am again packing away because they are too small?

Who is this little boy who has worked his way into my heart melting it as he goes?

I think he is the same boy who mysteriously stre-e-e-etched his way through my body to my heart.

I think he is the same fragile life that I once gazed in awe at those 16 some months ago.

The same one that I still gaze in awe at as I tuck him in each night....the same one that is staring at me with a red face and crossed eyes and he does his "morning business".
4 comments:
Hair cuts have a way of making a baby boy into a little boy!
Nice post!
i don't think i'll ever get over how cute he is. i agree with carol - haircuts sure grow kids up!
Hi Jen,
I think this post is incredibly poetic, and in fact would make a very beautiful little story book for Kellan- perhaps a pregnancy project? :) We could make a little story book together for our beautiful babies!
you area good writer jen. i enjoy reading your blog :)
Post a Comment