May 01, 2010

Why I love garage sales...

This may be a lame post for some of you, but I just want to share my passion for garage sales with you. And to show you proof of how great they are.
First off this weekend is our town wide garage sale.
The following is only from day 1...so there might be a 'part 2' tomorrow. For the sake of boring you - I hope not ;)

Ok, here is the loot:

A fun tent for K

An infant/toddler lifejacket, small stack of Robert Munsch books (love them!), a big toy truck for the backyard, some stacking cups, and one of those big bead/metal wire? contraptions (oh, and a big garbage bag 1/2 full of Mega Blocks - forgot to put them in the picture)

AND the best part...a wack load of mostly brand name clothes for K ranging from 18 months-sz.3 (and a few newborn things just cuz they were cute) - all in perfect condition!

This picture doesn't really do the piles justice. Should have taken the picture from a side angle so you can see the size of the stacks.
But let me break things down for you - cuz I KNOW you are DYING to find out (thick with sarcasm just in case you didn't catch that ;)

9 pr. shorts
15 shirts
4 hoodies
1 coat
8 pr. pajamas
4 newborn peices
1 pr. mittens
2 pr. sandals (both brand new with the tags still on them!)
2 pr. shoes
13 pr. pants
1 sun hat
2 pr. socks
1 robe
1 vest

And when I say name brand I mean GAP, Old Navy (majority), Quicksilver, Roots, Mexx, Levi's, Champion, Children's Place, Gymboree, Guess

So, any guesses of how much I spent?

Drumroll please........

$26.50

I'm thinking the tent, or the lifejacket, or one of the outfits I got were $26.50 brand new at the store!

Anyways, if you can't tell, I'm super excited about my finds today :)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a HAUL! I think I need to come to your neighborhood next year for their garage sale! Have fun today!

kelly ens said...

i am IMPRESSED!!!! way to go, Jen :)
those sandals are SO cute!

Garth and Becky said...

Oooh, me too! I love garage sales! What a great bunch of stuff you got. I hope you find lots more great deals today!

paige said...

wow, i'm thinkin' you're good at garage saling!