May 03, 2010

6 months!

Well, here is my belly today. 26 weeks & 2 days:

Despite what you might think, seeing me in my nice clothes with my hair & makeup done....I'm back in my pajamas with bed head :)
I just woke up from my 2nd nap of the day. I convenietly picked up a nasty cold a couple days ago and am still trying to catch up on sleep from my night shifts so haven't been feeling very good lately. But am super thankful to Kellan for putting in an extra long nap today so I could too. Actually he's still sleeping - going on 3.5 hrs! - that is incredibly rare but he's been short on sleep the last few days too. Hoping he doesn't pick up my bug.
I was supposed to work tonight & tomorrow night but had taken them as vacation days since the spring farm work is picking up so another reason to be thankful.

26 week babe is 14 inches long & 1 2/3 pounds!:

I won't do another whole post about garage sale shopping, but here is one item I picked up for $5 on the 2nd day - Kellan approved it so now it just sits and awaits the littl'er' bundle:

Oh, and apparently we're having a boy because I picked up a handful of newborn boy outfits at the g-sales but found nothing for a girlie. Or maybe that means it's a girl...
Still have no clue on that subject by the way. I read an article on the odds of having a boy or girl. (Here's the link: http://www.in-gender.com/xyu/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx) It's actually pretty fascinating. For us, having 2 boys, I guess we're sitting at a 52.3% chance of having another boy - odds go up with each boy apparently.
Honestly, it does not matter to me. Lord willing, this won't be our last so I'm not too concerned that I will never get a little girlie.

I just ordered 5 small FuzziBunz diapers for this new babe. I got them for 15% off so am pretty excited. Our BumGenius are a bit bulky on wee ones and with having just 12 we'd be doing laundry everyday with the 2 of them. I want to get a few more of the new colors when the store I get them through stocks them &/or when I know what colors to buy ;)
Call me crazy but cloth diapers make me happy.

Oh, and Kellan is STILL napping. 4 HOURS!!! That is a first!!!

4 comments:

lola said...

You look so good. And your clothes are so cute. I am officially out of anything to wear that is even remotely fashionable. And you got so me awesome garage sale scores.

and if you want a fun way to guess the gender, look at this.

http://mypage.direct.ca/j/jfeng/gender.htm

This one has eerily been right with myself and a lot of my friends. It says I'm having another girl so we'll see. :)

Garth and Becky said...

You look wonderful! I was just thinking about you and wondering what you found on Saturday, so thanks for posting about that too. ;-) What great deals!

Melissa said...

You look great!!

Where did you find your fuzzibunz on sale?

Jen said...

Mel-

I think a few companies are putting theirs on sale - the 'old' colors anyways.
I got mine at cozybums.ca
I also got my BumGenius through them and think they have good service.