A friend of mine posted a pattern for little baby booties a year or two ago - they were beautiful purple & charcoal mixed yarn with soft sheepskin on the bottoms - and I've always kept them in the back of my mind that someday I would make them. Well, yesterday (and today) was the day! I had to youtube some knitting stiches to refresh my memory and I'm not quite sure if I did one part right BUT they are finished and I'm quite impressed! Now my hands ache cuz I'm a pretty tight knitter so I'm gonna take a break for a while - or go back to crocheting. I have a few other pairs on the go (crocheted ones) but I want to make some of these for Kellan so I'm going to see if I can make a similar pattern but crocheted instead. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks Steph for the inspiration & pattern!
I couldn't find any sheepskin (without breaking the bank) but this old coat I got at a garage sale for $5 (yes THE Garage Sale weekend extravaganza!) did the trick.
Oh ya, so I'm nesting - if you didn't figure that out. I seem to do that for at least 1/2 of my pregnancies. Good for my house & project list! Some cupboards and drawers are getting cleaned out (the ones that I 'forgot' when I spring cleaned) and other things I've been ignoring are getting done.
I'm starting to feel better from my cold. It was a 'doozy' but seems to be letting off now. Whewf!
What's with this snow!?! For you non-Albertans it's been wet and wintery here this past week. Good for us farmers tho :)
Early morning cuddles:
2 comments:
domestic diva!
way to go! those booties are SOOOO cute :)
I'm impressed with the little booties you made. Good for you!
Post a Comment