June 12, 2010

32 & Flippity Flop

Here I am again creeping past 7 months.
5 more days of work.
The ticker on my side bar and the countdown on our chalkboard says 56 days.
8 inches rounder & 21 lbs gained.
8 weeks left.
32 weeks today...

(our new purple wall and interestingly my dress matches our bedspread)

I love lying in bed and poking at baby. It's one of my favorite things to do at night until my hips get too sore from lying on my back.
The other morning I could tell baby was completely transverse. I could follow it's spine all across my belly and feel it's little head squished in the one corner - or was that a bum?...
That evening I could tell that baby had turned diagonally - not sure if it was the head digging into my hip bone that gave it away or the relief from kicks to the bladder :)
Then during my nightly 'proding' I could feel baby turn vertical. He/She was all over the place. Something poking me in the ribs then again, with another body part, in my pelvis.
The last couple weeks it's always been at the back of my mind when (if?!) baby will turn head down. I know it's pretty early to worry about that but it had crossed my mind once or twice....a day :S
Kellan had turned at 30/31 weeks so I knew it would be sometime soon.
For a while I wasn't sure if the baby had turned head down or breech, but the kicks to the ribs and the little tickles lower in my pelvis is making me quite sure and thankful that we are 'headed' in the right direction :)

3 comments:

Lola said...

This baby didn't turn until almost 36 weeks. But I was given the go ahead to have a breech birth anyway so I didn't worry too much. I'm very glad that I'll be delivering a head and not a bum first though.

You are looking great. I can't believe how fast it goes.

kelly ens said...

oh, you look fantastic.

Carol said...

What a cute photo!