I've always had 2 clothing pet peeves. Low cut t-shirts and jeans.
Why do they make t-shirts so low cut that you have to wear a tank top underneath...and then the only tank tops you can buy are lower then the actual shirt!
I don't get it.
Jeans. That is why if I find a pair of jeans I like I will buy them in every wash/color and wear them over and over until either the store stops selling them or they are completely out of style. (Right now I'm digging American Eagle's 'Artist'. They are even great for maternity jeans - just buy a size up.)
But jeans is a renewed pet peeve for me - and it's back with a vengence...
Maternity jeans with the big belly. UGH!
For one they are EXPENSIVE (maternity pants in general are). 2nd they fall down ALL the time until about 8+ months. So really you are paying A LOT of money for a months worth of functionality. And I always feel that when I pull that big old band of elastic up it's like I'm giving up.
Pregnancy does bring along it's frustrations with clothing. Another on is t-shirts that aren't long enough to fit over my belly. Don't they realize they are making MATERNITY clothes and that's the whole point!?!
I think I am going to open up a maternity store that is called 'Watermelons & Basketballs'.... I guess every body/pregnant body is so different that the one style/shape/cut won't fit all.
Sigh.
4 comments:
i found a really nice pair of mat pants this time that had a really snug belly that fit early on. So nice!! i wore them constantly for E's pgcy. Summer is nice though, 'cause you can rock the sundresses. That didn't work so well for me the last couple of times. & this time you don't have to worry about a jacket! That's another tough one. You should take me shopping sometimes - i could probably learn a lot!! :)
lol..."Watermelons and Basketballs"! Awesome! Love the name. You could probably make alot of money in the maternity area, as many women probably have the same complaints.
H&M sells t-shirts and tank tops that are extra long. It's sad that a pregnant lady has to shop at a store that doesn't even sell maternity clothes. But compared to thyme, the shirts are WAY longer.
I just wear regular low rise jeans in a size up or two up. But I went to value Village and found a pair of seven for all mankind maternity jeans for 8 dollars. Too bad I'm almost done now.
great name for a store :)
my two bits: i agree about the shirts never being long enough at the end. COME ON!
as for the shirts needing a tank top underneath - imagine being 2 or 3 cup sizes larger than you are now. it's VERY difficult and even with a tank top, there's still the issue of major cleavage. *Sigh*
maternity pants: buy a slide-adjustable belt. i bought one when i was prego with T and it was the best thing ever. my jeans never fell down because I always had a belt on that i could adjust according to how big the baby was :)
Post a Comment