June 24, 2010

Time marches on...

What?!? June is almost over? That means it's almost July! Yikes!


Here's a little recap of our past week or two:

Last Saturday it was our town's fair/parade. Brian was involved with the Fire Dept. stuff so I met up with my parents, s-i-l and neices to watch the parade. Kellan did pretty good getting candy and soaking it all in. The firetrucks were at the end so once K had watched most of the parade I passed him off to Brian who was in one of the trucks.


Loving his ride in the big 'guck!'

After the parade I met up with my boys and we grabbed some yummy fair food and wandered up and down main street. Kellan was pretty grouchy by 1 so I took him home to nap. Brian stayed because the Fire & Rescue team was putting on a demonstration (ripping apart a car with the Jaws of Life) so I was pretty bummed we had to miss out on that. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sunday was a busy day. We had practice/lead worship at church. Our group is mostly made up of highschool kids so it's fun teaching them and leading with them.

Kellan was filling in for me:


After church Brian had a tennis game with a guy in town (he's on the tennis league and they have a tournament all summer) and I cleaned up our house and got ready for the Father's Day party we were having with my family. My parents, grandma and brother & his family came over for cake and we had a good time chatting and watching the kids play.




Brian has been busy practicing and getting ready for this July 1st. He was asked to put together a band to play for a neighbouring town's fair/Canada Day celebration. He got together some young guys in our church and they are doing some rock/Christian rock covers. Should be fun!

Daddy's up & coming 'roadie':

Our fence is still in the works. Brian has most of the boards up then it's just the gates and it's done! We still have to stain it but apparently you are supposed to let the boards weather for a few weeks so we'll get around to that later.
It's amazing how our yard actually looks bigger with this fence! I think our neighbours were being a big generous in what they called their yard - so it's nice to have some definition and a property line (even though we are still 3 feet short - again our neighbours were being a bit generous to themselves - but we can't complain cuz our yard is still pretty huge!)

Speaking of yard - the weeds aren't pulling themselves!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Three feet short? Yikes! That's a lot, I think!! If you ever have to get a Real Property Report done, the surveyors may make a stink about your fence...

But, SOOO nice to have a fence!

I'd forgotten about the orange piano bench... good to see it's still in good shape!

Yes, it's almost July, which means August is BASICALLY HERE ALREADY!!!!! :)

Jen said...

Mel - apparently there isn't actual property lines on our street. When they were building the town they kinda just put up houses with some trees or a random fence to make the property lines and they have never had a surveyor really stake it out. Kinda crazy. We can get a drawn up map from the town but it's not very specific - it just gives sizes. Dumb I know.