Was called in for a Dr's appt on Tuesday - my Dr wanted to go over my u/s results from last week. The u/s results were great but there was a note from the radiologist to keep me under 'close watch'. *sigh* Why can't I have a normal pregnancy where I just have 1 ultrasound and nothing that needs to be 'watched'. In my opinion my pregnancies ARE normal (k, well obviously not the result of the 1st one - but up until 36 weeks it was normal) and I'm trying not to be frustrated with my (amazing) Dr who is just being "overly cautious".
He checked the baby's heart beat - which was perfect but also wanted me to go for a non-stress test to get a longer reading of the baby's heart. So, the next day, during Mom's group, I just quickly ran over to the hospital, left Kellan with a friend (and all the other moms & kids) and I did my 20 minutes on the monitor (which, according to the nurse, looked good).
Also during my appt he set me up to go for a fetal echocardiogram in the city (not sure of the date yet). Yes, another test! It's a bigger, more indepth look at baby's heart.
Part of me is saying "why do I have to go for all these tests when my baby is fine!?!" And the other part is saying "what if something is wrong with the baby - better be safe then sorry" or "what if you refused this test but something happened that could have been prevented or treated before it is too late...."
Anyways, on to other things...
I have 4 more shifts of work!!! This weekend I start my final big long stretch of 12 hour nights then I'm done! Wootwoot!
Crazily enough I don't feel like I'm 'done' working. I've enjoyed being back (maybe not the close to full time months) but the one shift a week thing has been really nice.
Baby is now officially head down...for now. The last couple weeks, after it turned head down before, it was always at an angle - it's head was digging into the left side of my pelvis. Then the other day it was completely transverse again. But on my way to my Dr's appt I felt my pelvis get really sore/achey then my Dr confirmed it was in the right spot. I'm guessing this baby might be a bit smaller - or it's just more wiggly - since it seems to have lots of room to move around.
Getting close!!!
4 comments:
you look SO great Jen!!!! we're praying that all these tests would continue to just be cautionary and not for any real reason at all :)
why did the radiologist attach the note? ((((hugs)))) i totally *get* that ache - kind of like 'leave me alone'. You do look super cute though - that's gotta be worth something *wink*.
Hope everything is fine with the baby's heart!
Post a Comment