* Last night while he was at another cemetery work evening he sent me a picture of Brennan's headstone to my phone with the message: "Hi Mom. I love you."
* He only smiled when I tried to rationalize my reasons for buying the baby a new sleeper when there are at least 20 in the drawer.
* He brushes Kellan's teeth before bed every night because he knows how it's one of my least favorite jobs
* He told me to get the most expensive pedicure at the spa when I asked him how much I could spend on my unpriced gift certificate he gave me for our anniversary (which I've been saving for when I can't reach my toes)
* When he comes with us on a walk or to get groceries he never lets me push the cart or stroller or even let me hold the little shopping basket
* If he has to leave early for work he will wake me up to kiss me because he knows I will hate it if I wake up and he left without saying goodbye
1 comment:
It's those little things that only YOU might notice that mean the most...
Like this morning, when my 4 yr. old was snuggled up to my husband (her stepdad). I was teasing and said, "Hey, you're trying to steal my husbad!" And she said, "No, he's just cuddling with me, like Daddy's do!" Her Daddy didn't -- so it's nice she's found one that will "share the love!"
It's especially neat that Brian would send a pic of Brennan's grave and that little message for you... bet there was a little lump in your throat when you read that!
Paige's Cousin
Post a Comment