July 16, 2010

What's up

I'm sitting here trying to think about something to blog about OTHER then baby...I'm drawing a blank - haha!

I'm enjoying a few quiet moments (drinking some preggo tea) before Kellan wakes up. It's rare that he sleeps in so I'm hoping he keeps up this (one day) trend.

I stopped in at work yesterday to finish up some paper work. I double checked with our payroll girl and I have all the hours I need for mat leave! I needed 600 and I got in 615 :) Whewf!
Nothing like getting the bare minimum.

We went for a short camping trip to the mountains last week. We were going to stay longer but decided to come home a couple days early to relax in our backyard. Somehow a curious & energetic toddler didn't provide us with much relaxation ;)
But we had a great time anyways!

We have a couple day trips planned for the next few weeks but other then a due date that is growing closer - there isn't much else happening around here.

Brian's parents are coming for a week shortly after my due date so will be nice to have them around for a visit and hopefully they will have lots of time to spend with their newest grandbaby.
Brian's sister is also coming out the end of August so another thing to be excited about. We're glad Kellan will have some extra people around to entertain, cuddle and play with him so the transition will be a bit easier. We're hoping anyways.

Funny how 3 weeks seems like a long ways away but 22 days doesn't.

I've been feeling lately that I don't really remember how to mother a newborn. Like it's almost foreign to me or that I've just had a toddler this whole time. Pretty sure it'll all come flooding back to me when the time comes.

Ooops, this is turning into all about baby isn't it....

Hmmm, Kellan is still sleeping. Might have to go start banging dishes around...

6 comments:

Carol said...

When you are this close to having a new baby I think it is pretty normal to have "babies" on your mind and I don't think your readers are tired of you blogging about your pregnancy at all! Enjoy the next few "quiet" weeks with just the 3 of you, and yes, I think you are correct that the ability to mother a newborn will come back pretty easily!

Lori-Dawn said...

I'm seriously pathetic when I'm pregnant...no matter what stage of pregnancy, all I've got is baby on the brain! hee hee You're doing great keeping your posts about your WHOLE family! I'm impressed!
I totally agree tho, 3 wks seems MUCH longer than 22 days...lol funny, eh?!

paige said...

a lot of *short* stages feel like that j. Gagey is potty trained now & i already don't know how it happened... Curious thing this motherhood... So, make sure you gulp & slurp up that newborn stage - it is so achingly fleeting.

Melissa said...

I LOVE baby posts, so no worries...

We found that "mothering a newborn" came ridiculously naturally to us the 2nd and 3rd times... almost like we hadn't left that stage. You'll be awesome!!

kelly ens said...

yeah, i'm not sick of reading about baby either :)
glad you got all your hours for mat leave!
and yes...the 'baby' thing will certainly come back right away ;)

Casey said...

I thought it was funny that you mentioned not remembering how to mother a newborn! I felt the same way. Then I was held in the hospital for 3 days, and when I came home I could swear my daughter had gained at least 30lbs, and I could barely remember what to do with her! It's all working into a balance now, so that's nice:-)