October 12, 2010

Louie

So, there is this guy, Louie. I don't like him.
I mean I REALLY don't like him!
I've never really met him, but his presence is very unwelcome.
You see, Louie is a little tumor that is growing inside my sister-in-law's brain.
My s-i-l, Lorelle, is no stranger to tumors. A few years ago, Louie's 'older brother' made a cozy little home close to where Louie is right now. He inflicted severe headaches on Lorelle, as well as many other unpleasantries. She had that (Ependymoma tumor) removed about 4 1/2 years ago but was left with the severe headaches and again some unpleasantries.

Lorelle is looking ahead to surgery, radiation, and probably a long & painful recovery. With that weighing heavy on her heart and mind (literally!) she has chosen to live joyfully and making every moment count.
I really am amazed at her strength and beauty.
Her humor is stinkin' hilarious too! This is one of our favorite FB status' she wrote a couple weeks ago:

Lorelle lol....what's on my mind? Hmmmm....maybe facebook needs to ask me a different question.....

Tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow morning at 7:20, Lorelle will be wheeled into the OR to say goodbye to her unwelcome guest. I plan to set my alarm for 7:20 to lift her up in prayer. Do you mind doing the same? Not necessarily setting your alarm, but if you find a minute in your day can you remember her (and my bro)?
I, and I'm pretty sure she, would really appreciate that!

3 comments:

fawne said...

praying...

kelly ens said...

i would be happy to!

Garth and Becky said...

Just saw this post but perhaps she is still in surgery. Praying for her and Warren!