So when Christmas (and birthdays) comes around I feel like if there isn't something in his stocking, or if we don't *do* anything to celebrate him, I feel like a bad mom.
I've also learned that even though it's kind of a silly thing to do (buy gifts, etc. for a little boy who will never get them/play with them), I still do it because it's something that helps me grieve. It's not like I go out and buy bags of toys or clothes, but I buy little things that we can remember him by or in honour of him.
So, this Christmas I decided to fill a shoe box *for* him through Operation Christmas Child.
The other day we went on a little shopping trip, picking out things that I thought he would have liked. Even the physical process of packing around 2 kids (in the toy section no doubt!) had a way of making me feel like I was *doing* something for my little boy.
Last night we packed the shoe box.
Merry Christmas little guy.
9 comments:
fantastic, Jen. I think this is a great thing to do *for* Brennan :)
Brilliant idea and "paying it forward" -- so much better than leaving a wreath or something at the cemetery! But that has its place sometimes, too. It is truly honouring Brennan's memory. And the pics of Kellan helping to pack the box is so sweet... I have done boxes for years... last year we did two - one for my son and one for my daughter. We got a reply from Africa (in French!) from the recipient of my daughter's box... which was pretty neat!
Paige's Cousin, Denise
A perfect way to honor & remember Brennan. You are a wonderful Mama!
*tears* I love how mama's of little ones lost while still in the womb still "carry" these little ones. It can be such a private affair... to carry the memory of a little one who has gone to be with Jesus... and yet, when I hear stories like this, it is life affirming. Love. -j
As he's looking down, I think Brennan will like that! How very precious!
What a wonderful idea!
I love the letter you wrote. I hope it will be translated for the recipient... this is a fantastic way to honor Brennan. :)
Hugs,
M.
That's perfect Jen. You're "bumping along" in a beautiful way.
I love it Jen. Still trying to decide what to do for Owen for Christmas this year. I finally delivered his birthday hampers to the pregnancy centre. It feels wonderful "doing" something for our little ones in heaven. I posted pictures on "Owen's blog" (you and Brennan were my inspiration!) which is still very much a work in progress...
www.brightnessafterrain.blogspot.com
Post a Comment