November 02, 2010

November project

While some people like to write novels in November, I'm gearing up for Christmas and bringing out my creativeness. I've always loved the idea of doing advent with our kids, so I decided this was the year to start. Last Christmas I saw some SUPER CUTE advent bags on Etsy so I'm stealing their idea and making my own for pennies. I found a white bed sheet for the bags and dug around in my craft box and found all the things I needed for cross stitching the numbers. I bought a advent book at the drugstore the other day to go along with each day and one of these days I'll get around to shopping for little treats to fill the bags.

Can't wait for December 1st! That is if I get these done on time...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Jen, I LOVE this idea!!!!! Tell me more!!!

Carol said...

Aren't you clever! This will be a very fun tradition for you and your children for years to come!

Alisdair said...

Christmas fabric would be fun to use, too! Maybe we will have to do this.... I had great plans a few years ago to do an advent calendar cloth thing with felt etc. and never got it made. My kids have enjoyed the cheap chocolate candies every day paper things from the store (for $2 each or something) but your idea is way more fun!

Denise, Paige's Cousin.

Joyful Mommy said...

Sooo cute - you are so creative!

mtvantol said...

oh, so cute! Your kids will love them. It will be a family tradition just like the advent calendar I crosstitched.