Blogging is funny. I haven't done a update on 'regular life' for a looong time - mostly because I think it might bore people or because I'm starting to like trying to write about issues/feeling....altho I feel like I'm not very good at those ones. But, reading over my old posts has made me want to do more 'everyday' kinda post. And really, if it bores you - that's too bad cuz it's my blog! ;) It's a awesome way for me to journal our lives and even greater when I want to go back and read them 2, 5 or 20 years from now.
So, saddle up. This is going to be long!
For starters, today is a snow day! We've been stuck in a blizzard for the past 2 days, and so my Mom phoned last night to say that our pastor cancelled church! Feels like a snow day when I was back in elementary! Altho, going to church isn't at all the drag going to school used to be ;)
Yesterday was the ultimate of relaxing days. Going outside was out of the question, so we hunkered down and were full on lazy! Throughout the day we made 3 pots of coffee and boiled the kettle for tea/hot chocolate twice!

This past week potty training has commenced. We've had good days and bad days - which I think is par for the course, but overall he's figuring it out! Good thing it's too cold to go outside so we have plenty of time to just sit around.

Last week I ordered 3 girlie cloth diapers. The store I get them from had a Boxing week sale so I got a good deal and wanted to try out the new versions of the FuzziBunz and BumGenius.
I've always been a BG fan, but after trying the new FB ones, I think I'm sold! The older versions not so much, but the newest version of the one size ones are awesome!

I'm not so great at remembering to put Kalli down for 'tummy time'. I'm getting better since I can trust Kellan more around her. She has successfully rolled both ways (!) but she's not too interested in mastering those concepts. She is happy just to kick and flail. The other day when she was on her tummy, she was getting tired and kinda fussing with her head in the ground. Kellan thought it was hilarious and was being a copycat:

He is really good with his little sister. He's loving that she is way more alert and especially that she laughs at his goofiness.

Kalli is almost 5 months. GULP! Seriously! I remember my s-i-l always saying that with your first baby you are always pushing them to do the next thing, but the 2nd/following babies you keep trying to hold them back and wish them to stay babies. I am indeed finding this true!
Reading through my posts when Kellan was a baby, at 5 months I was starting to introduce solids. Nope, not this time. She's all milk for
at least another month.
Milk and chew toys of course:

I haven't seen any pearly whites yet, but she's acting like she is teething. Not too fussy but drooly and always chewing on something!

My Mom had dug out all of our baby clothes the other day so she sent them home with me to put them on Kalli. I don't have any 'then' pics to show with this outfit, but it's cute none-the-less!

Things are changing around our house a little bit. Recently, Brian was offered a business opportunity that my Dad was starting to set up. I won't confuse you or bore you with all the details, but basically this business is cleaning grain (with a big trailer full of equiptment) for other farmers. They can then get a better 'grade' for their grain and then sell it for a better price or clean their seed grain before planting.
So anyways, lately Brian has been putting in some long days as he gets things going. It will be a seasonal job too but kinda works around/along side the farming season. He will be busier BUT since it is his own thing he has the flexibility to make it what he wants and work it around the life we want for our family. We are very thankful for this opportunity and it is so great for Brian to have his 'own thing'.
Well it's now 8:39 and our house is still quiet. Must be time to put the coffee pot #1 on tho!
Enjoy your Sunday!
1 comment:
Hey Jen, nice to hear from your again. Your kids are getting so big.
I've been making exhorbitant amounts of coffee and tea these days as well. Somehow makes the winter more bearable. :-)
Take care...
Post a Comment