As I was feeling pathetic for wanting to go to bed at 10:02pm last night, I went on facebook to see how everyone else was bringing in the new year. After reading numerous status' from other moms/parents who were too tired to stay up until midnight and who were also dealing with sick little ones...I was encouraged to know that I wasn't the only one who felt like a party pooper.
So, I've dealt with the fact that for the next who-knows-how-many years, I will be greeting the new year 3 hours early for the sake of the kids, while tending to sick babies or even waiting until I wake in the morning.
And I'm ok with that.
Happy New Years!!!
1 comment:
We had some friends over with their newborn last night; we all lasted till 10:15 at which point they had to take Baby home... we hunkered down and watched a movie - we didn't even finish it, I was so tired!! So I did a few little things around the house, collapsed into bed at 11:50, Graeme and I looked at pictures on his iPhone for 10 minutes, kissed briefly at midnight, and we were both out cold by 12:02.
And you know what? We're not exhausted today, unlike all of our friends who stayed up till 3 a.m. and then still got up with their young children at 7:00!!
Post a Comment