I've mentioned a few times that Brian is on the volunteer Fire Dept here in town. He loves it. And I don't mean in the "He loves it because he gets to wear a cool outfit and pick up chicks" kinda way :) but in a "He loves it because he gets to contribute to the community & feel needed/helpful, learn some really great skills and work with some really great people" kinda way.
A couple weeks ago we went to their annual Christmas/service recognition banquet.
We had a nice turkey dinner then they gave out awards, speeches, etc.
Brian got a long service award for his long service of one year. ;)
Brian is hiding somewhere in the back row:
My parents stayed with the kids then Brian took me home at about 9 so I could feed the little girl. He decided to go back for a little bit and visit so I put the kids to bed and got ready for bed. Now, Brian isn't one to stay out late 'partying with the guys' but by midnight he still wasn't home so I crawled into bed. When I woke up the next morning and asked Brian how late he stayed out and he said 3. What!?
He then proceeded to tell me that during the evening there was
TWO Fire & Rescue calls, so instead of partying he was out in the blizzard working at an accident scene!
A fitting end to the Christmas party don't ya think? :)
1 comment:
very cool!
AND, i like the new look of your blog :)
Post a Comment