February 08, 2011

Girlies & Babies

Does nursing give any of you moms a craving for sugar?  Or is that just my excuse for my increased addiction to chocolate and licorice?
Thankfully, my metabolism is awesome after having babies.

I'm not sure how the last 6 months went by so quickly, but our little girls 1/2 birthday is this week!

Speaking of BIRTHdays, welcome to the world sweet little black haired beauty...who remains nameless at the moment because she suprised her parents by coming early.  My friend (who I blogged about on my last post) went into labour last night and welcomed their new baby girl early this morning.  She also welcomed the flu bug into their family...er should I say 'not so welcomed'.  Poor mama....
She said I could come visit today, but I think I'll give them a day to settle then go hold that fresh little bundle in the morning.  Can't wait!

I don't think I mentioned this yet (and hopefully I have permission!)....but I'm going to be an auntie again this summer!  We're hoping for a little boy to carry on 'my side of the family' name.  But another little girlie would be fun to help keep Kellan in line :) 
This new little one put some imaginary pressure on us.  My bro & his wife have 2 girls and between our 3 and this new one, there is 9-10 months between each kid.  I imaginarily tossed the ball into their court after we had Kalli, but they suprisingly threw it right back!  Eeek!  Sorry we might have to 'drop the ball' on this one B! ;)

Well, that's enough talk about babies at the moment, and since mine are both sleeping, I should go be productive!......and by productive, I mean take a nap! ;)

7 comments:

kelly ens said...

well, some exciting news all around! :)

Lola said...

I definitely crave sugar but don't give in to much.

Your a nurse, maybe you can give me advice on a weird thing that happened to me this morning. I woke up at around 6 am sweaty, shaky, and almost unable to walk to the kitchen to get something to eat. Seriously, I ate the first thing I could see... a spoon full of honey. Then it took me about an hour before my body was normal again. I ate the same way I always do yesterday. It was so scary and weird. Why on earth would my blood sugar crash like that?

fawne said...

yes....i crave sugar and pretty much everything. i just told ben tonight at supper that i can't ever get full! sure doesn't help with the losing weight. sigh....
and i am NOT blessed with a fast metabolism. oh well. it always takes me about 8 months to a year to get back to normal weight.
i like your new revamped blog. nice. mine will probably be the same 20 years from now. that's how boring i am. :-) he...he...
wow. i can't believe your girlie is half a year already. time goes too fast.

M-Squared Family said...

I have had such a sugar bug craving since I've been nursing; I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one :D Happy belated 1/2 birthday to Kalli!

Jen said...

Lola~

(not sure where to post this where you will read it so I'll post it in your blog comments too...)

You don't give into sugar very much? Oh man....I gotta find me some will power ;)
Are you taking Fenugreek? That causes blood sugars to go low. Other herbs do that too. Did you take any new ones or increased the amount of some or maybe had them later in the day?
Also, what did you have for supper? Less protein could have made them dip too.
Weird tho if nothing was out of the ordinary.
It could also be with your milk production changing with Gretta starting solids. Did she nurse more yesterday and your body had to produce more?
That's scary.

Casey said...

I'm with fawne! I am always hungry and rarely full, and I'll eat anything! But yes, I generally want cookies, cakes and chocolate bars! I think it will be pretty easy to lose weight once I ween Mack and I'll also be more excited to get out and do things with the kids. The trouble with that is that it will be another 2-5 months before I do that, and I really want to be in good shape this summer! On that note, I think I'll take Ada for a walk this afternoon...well, maybe...I just checked and it's -14. Not too bad, but bad enough...we'll see:-)

paige said...

hm - i don't think i do crave sugar when i'm nursing... i am pretty hungry right off the start... but... i guess ephraim is already a year old, so maybe a lot of the *babyness* is dwindling... *sob*