February 13, 2011
Six
Last night I picked up a sleeping body who had fallen asleep in my lap. As I lifted her up, she did the newborn scrunch where they arch their backs and their lil bum goes out. It's one of my favorite things when holding a new little one, and I was thankful for the rare moment of babyhood, as this one seems to be growing up so fast.
We celebrated her 1/2 birthday yesterday. (And by 'celebrated' I mean casually mentioning that she is 6 months old, but it feels like it's only been 3 or 4.)
6 months was really obvious to me as I held a day old baby girl the other day. So small. Crazy how time creeps along without you even realizing.
I've been reflecting lately on how different I parent Kalli from when Kellan was a baby. Not sure if it was 1st-time-mom syndrome, having a baby after a stillborn, or just wanting to do things right, but I know I am way more laid back with Kalli. Kellan had a fairly rigid schedule, ate all the 'right' foods at all the 'right' times, was taken to the public health clinic to be weighed monthly, etc.... and with Kalli our schedule is much looser, I'm looking at a less mainstream approach to feeding baby, and clinic/Dr visits have been only when necessary.
I don't think I would change the way I parented Kellan in the early months, but I'm liking how we're doing things right now. I guess maybe I'm getting the hang of this motherhood thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yes - this is how it goes. I was VERY structured with Taeya, and far more relaxed with Ezra :) You've definitely got the hang of this motherhood thing ;)
It looks to me like you are a pretty awesome Mom. I wish I had a little more structure in my nature. There are quite a few things that I've loosened up on as I've had more babies but I find the really important things I cared about, I still do care about.
Hey, What's your profile name on Ravelry?
Lola-
it's JenvT. I just 'friended' you. I should post some pics like you did!
Post a Comment