October 25, 2011

House hunting....part 2

I feel like I've looked at a bazillion houses.  Can't remember them individually - they all seem to jumble together in my memory.
I actually LOVE house hunting!  I used to watch realty shows all the time and couldn't wait for my turn!
Now it's MY turn and it's not quite as fun as I thought it would be.  Especially when we don't feel at home in our rental....for now it's a place to store our stuff and rest our heads at night.

I'm learning what I like and what I don't.
I LIKE:
-big entryways/mud rooms
-open concept/feel
-split level homes
-engineered hardwood
-laundry rooms
-fire places
-storage rooms and cold rooms
-grass and nice trees and room for a garden

I DON'T LIKE:
-boxy houses
-kitchens separate from the living area
-cheap laminate
-swimming pools
-rentals....
-different flooring in each room
-90's oak cabinets

We're trying to be patient.  We've found a 'pretty good' one but it's on the corner of a curved road and it feels exposed.  It has a smaller yard and not within walking distance to a school (or a good park). BUT I like everything else about it.  Not sure if that's a good compromise tho...

1 comment:

paige said...

hard j - i don't think i am a house hunting girl (though, it's been so long since i've done that). Neil & i went through an open house the other day. 1.1 miiiiiiiillllion dollars. :) It was fun to tour through tho :)
Whatever you get, you'll make it your own anyway. You guys are always so fun like that. Just make sure it has good "bones" & don't compromise on the big stuff that you'll never be able to change. (i really, really wish we had more sunlight in our house - it's so blasted dark... that's probably my biggest beef... & you can't fix that one.)