October 04, 2011

Rental

We’re renting again – I thought we were done with that?!!

......we’re renting again and are given the opportunity to get a feel for the area & job and watch the market and maybe get a steal of a deal on a perfect house!!!

My sister-in-law thinks there is a vampire in the basement suite of the house.

......I met the renter below us and he is super nice....quiet and says he doesn’t mind the kids at all. I think we are going to invite him for Thanksgiving dinner.

I had to swallow hard and fight the threatening tears when I first saw our place we were supposed to call ‘home’.

......our landlords are awesome and they are letting us paint and do some reno work on our suite. It’s really starting to look cozy and a place that we could call ‘home’....for a little while anyways.

When I first saw the ensuite, I shut & locked the door and told everyone they were NOT allowed to use it!

......we have a (freshly painted walls & vanity, new toilet, new sink) ensuite! AND a walk in closet, a fireplace, a dining room, 3 bedrooms, a big entry, and ½ of a garage for storage!

This house is a vision of the 80's.  Cream colored carpet in the dining room, a wood slat feature wall, and some metal outside rolldown shutters that, when closed, feel like you are in lock down mode during an air raid.
......this house makes me smile because it's everything we always dreamed about having in our old house.  A 3rd bedroom upstairs, a fireplace, a dining room, a deck off the kitchen, a entry way....God is good.
......oh, and did I tell you about the view? We have lots of big windows that let us see the gorgeous rolling Okanagan hills, and if you stand in the middle of the living room and tilt your head you can see a tiny glimmer of the lake(And I really do mean tiny...)

5 comments:

kelly ens said...

LOVE it :) Can't wait to come visit you guys!

Carol said...

Enjoy your new place - it will soon feel like "home" and you must be happy about the extra space!

Jen said...

Jen!!! We are living in the same house! Right down to the feature wall!

We rented too when we first got here and it was a good decision for us. It actually changed our path a bit and helped us decide that we wanted to live in a smaller city, rather than moving into one of the bigger cities.

Enjoy! It can take ALOT of time for a new town to feel like home; but it can also be like a holiday with your own little family. Thinking of you!

Mrs Manz said...

I got a chuckle out of your moving with the help of a livestock trailer. Just know you're in good company - and certainly not the only ones who've used one. :)

lola said...

I love all the light. I hope you feel settled and I can't wait to hear more about your new life there.