Last night after we rolled over and said "goodnight" I squeezed my eyes tight not wanting the tears to flood me...but they did...thinking ahead to the next day that I would be missing.
Hoping my voice would hold, I asked "can we find a park to release a balloon for Brennan tomorrow?"
Pleased with the answer and the settling in my heart I closed my eyes and waited for morning to come.
Oh how I wish I could have been there!
But with a play by play and picture updates throughout the day from some beautiful friends, I was able to take in the very special event...despite the miles.
(Brennan's is the yellow one closest to the red one...)
But as I was getting the kids ready for the day, my thoughtful husband planned our morning - picked a park, got a balloon and even some sidewalk chalk...
(His name looked lonely, so I had to add a few others...)
Missing. Loving. Thankful.

4 comments:
Awesome Jen. I'm so glad you got to have your own walk to remember. That's is very touching. I'm glad we could share the day with you from here. lots lof love
I'm sorry you missed it this year; so great for friends who released balloons and wrote his name. And I love how you guys remembered as a family in your way :)
I see Jaron's name... *thank you*
Brian is a great guy. What a gift he is to you...
awwwww.....this is so beautiful.
Post a Comment