I'm listening to some super old school Christmas music right now. I'm pretty sure Christmas music has been playing in our house for 12 hours a day for the past 2 weeks. It's not getting old....yet!
So, in 6 1/2 days we get our house!!!
I've been pretty easy on myself lately. Or in other words...or in all honesty....I've been lazy.
Totally in limbo. Doing the bare minimum of house cleaning - why bother when I'm just going to have to do a big clean in the next couple weeks when we move.
We have no schedule what so ever. Other than nap time. THAT is of most importance - for me of course ;) Kellan must have caught the lazy bug lately because the last 3 days he's had naps, which he hasn't done since the beginning of summer! It's kinda nice :)
Brian's schedule doesn't help. He doesn't really have one actually - other than he works monday - friday. Working, sleeping and hanging out time is so random. It won't be like this forever, but the early winter & first storms are making for long days. So we just do our thing around his day. He works nights lots so when he's sleeping during the day - we go Christmas shopping :) Our bedroom is right off the living room, kitchen and bathroom so it's a bit tricky. In our new house it will be better since our bedroom is upstairs so we don't have to tip toe...
Everything in our new house will be better! :)
My coffee/play dates this week were awesome!
I hate the word 'play date'. Makes me sound so "mommy-ish".
Starting to make some really good friends here. Thankful.
My husband is awesome. Just sayin.
The other day i was a horrible mother. I was impatient and just barked at them all day.
Ugh.
Yesterday and today were MUCH better.
Maybe it was the naps.
Oh, did I mention Kalli is working on her eye teeth and we like to have middle of the night dates? I don't mind those - it's when she gets up at 2 and even tho I go back to bed at 2:30, I don't fall asleep until 6:30...
Did I mention I love naps these days?
Don't you love how random this is?
Lately, Brennan's been on my mind. Not in a super sad/grieving kind of way, but I'm just thinking that if I don't start preparing for his Christmas and birthday it could be a mess. I haven't really dealt with or thought about the fact that his grave isn't just down the road anymore. And life has been pretty chaotic that I haven't taken time for him lately. I've learned that I need to do that or I have horrible mother/guilt issues later on....
I LOVE traditions and it's starting to bug me that we don't have a Christmas tradition nailed down for him. We've done something different every year. Maybe it's our tradition to not have a tradition...
I think I know of a little project I want to work on for him for our new house...
Kellan talks about Brennan. Breaks and melts my heart.
Brian is working tonight. He'll be home late....or should I say 'early'. 16 hour shift....
Thankful for the weekend.
Update: Brian crawled into bed at 3:20 am......He started at 9 am.......
I was going to try to stay up until he got home, but I guess my nap today wasn't long enough...
3 comments:
Hi. Here's just an idea: What about buying a Christmas tree ornament for Brennan each year and having a special hot-chocolate by the tree evening to place his ornament on the tree?
i love this random post :)
i also like anonymous' comment - great idea!
Hey J! I've been thinking of you so much lately. Our tradition, since Jeff and I have been together, is HAllmark Ornaments. We've already got ours for this year, including Mackenzie's. Do hillium balloons float in the cold? Cause I was thinking of letting one go for her.
Post a Comment