Lots going on these days. Littles growing up. Plans unfolding. New plans and excitements on the horizon!
I wish I would have written more of this life change down on paper, but the settling in has been pretty good.
New friends, new job, new church, new schedules, new surroundings - we're figuring it all out.
Half of me settled in pretty quickly. I forced myself to be social and it's paying off - so far this week I have 2 play/coffee dates planned, moms group and supper/small group with friends! Having our brother & s-i-l here has been really good too, makes the tough stuff that much easier.
The other half of me still isn't settled, and most of it is because of these 4 walls which we can't seem to call home. Our original plan was to see how things unfolded and maybe by the late winter/early spring we could tell if this is really where we should/supposed to settle down - then we'd start looking for houses. Well, here we are only 2 months in and there is a SOLD sign on a grey house a few blocks away from here. Both of us feel overwhelmingly good being here and have no hesitations about setting down our roots here.
So, once I get into our new home I will be in complete nesting mode. Cupboards, papers and schedules will be organized. I will feel like I have a purpose again - I've been just 'getting by' this past little while.... Wallpaper will come down - paint and pictures will go up. Beds, meals and plans will be made with a little more effort. Sometimes I'm so excited I get giddy - and how many times have you seen me giddy? ;)
Anyways, we are thankful for this journey. It's been rocky and there are still things that need smoothing out, but God has been holding us the entire way and will continue to do so!
No comments:
Post a Comment