I was going to go to bed at 10.
I've got one minute to write this, get ready and crawl into bed....GO!
So, our house is awesome! We love it already and it's bare and mostly not painted at the moment. But we still love it!
This is what we have done so far.....(camera is at the new house so pics will come later...)
Day 1 - Walked around, cleaned here and there....basically had no clue where to start so pretty much non-productive (althought I did spend 2 hours cleaning the pantry....)
Day 2 - Again, kind of overwhelmed with what we *want* to do and what we *need* to do & didn't know where to begin so not overly productive for a Saturday. But Brian and his brother did empty out the garage at the rental which was full of boxes and moved them to the new garage so at least they were productive! My s-i-l came over to help me pick paint colors .
OH! We busted out a few kitchen cupboards and rearranged the kitchen a bit - opened it up more....WAY BETTER!!!
Picked out and BOUGHT new kitchen appliances!!!
Day 3 - Got paint. Started whitewashing the fireplace. Cleaned cupboards. Washed & prepped kitchen cupboards (in & out) for painting.
Day 4 - We are getting our groove! Finished the fireplace! First coat of paint on the kitchen walls. More cupboard prep.
Day 5 - 2nd coat on kitchen and started the first coat in the family room. Painted the bases of the cupboards. Got hardware for the cupboards. Cleaned the main bathroom.
Exhausted. Going to Kelowna tomorrow for a meeting so will (hopefully) pick out a area rug for the living room so we can start painting in there!
Off to bed!
4 comments:
Sounds like good progress is being make. So glad that you love your house.
Oooooh, so exciting! can't wait for pictures :)
You ARE soooo productive! I think we have done that much in the four MONTHS (not days) we have lived here. How do you do it with small kids? Tell me your secret ;)
Also, can you post some pics of the fireplace? I googled it to consider for ours, but haven't made a decision yet. I'd love to see how yours turned out.
I can't wait to see pictures!!!
Post a Comment