January 26, 2012

Things you forget

THINGS YOU FORGET IN THE FIRST 15 WEEKS OF PREGNANCY:

- What feeling full is like
- What a state of non-queaziness feels like
- That you don't actually need 10 hours of sleep at night plus a 2 hour  afternoon nap to feel 'normal'
- That you once were skinny
- What patience is
- That you were ever able to button up your pants

THINGS YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU HIT 16 WEEKS IN YOUR PREGNANCY:

- That the baby catches up to your bloated stomach and you might actually have a 'cute' tummy
- That you really are a good mom
- You really CAN survive on just 9 hours of sleep and maybe a 1/2 hour afternoon nap
- You really do fill out that bra that you've kept around since your last pregnancy
- What feeling energetic is like
- That you can accomplish the laundry AND make supper AND do the dishes AND clean a bathroom all in one day!

THINGS I'M SURE I WILL FORGET WHEN BABY ARRIVES:

- What sleep feels like
- That I could ever fit into those skinny pants - even with the button undone
- That you can accomplish laundry
- That you ever had a 'cute' or even skinny tummy!
- That you could possibly ever fit into your pregnancy bra


1 comment:

Jen said...

Wonderful reminders! I am still in the sick/fat/crappy mom/hungry stage... Looking forward to part two!