January 19, 2012

Thursdays Thoughts...

- It's January 19th.  The 23rd is on Monday.  Ya, it's that weekend...
- The kids have had the flu this week.  One thing I've learned about the flu that you don't learn in nursing school/work, don't put on cloth diapers as soon as you *think* the flu has run it's course....
- Having doubts about the 'walk'.  Or should I say about myself and my decisions....  some things falling apart - others moving forward - hard to know which way to go...
- Took down the Christmas decorations yesterday.  Now our house looks bare and boring.  I was using the decorations to hide the ugly, bare walls

- Had another midwife appt yesterday:

  • heart beat 148!  Kellan's face was priceless when he heard 'the baby'!
  • weight down on her scale but not on mine - and her's is 5 pounds light to begin with - I think all Dr's offices/midwives should have scales that are light :)  I mean how about giving the already low self confidence pregnant mama a little boost!
  • We chatted about the labour/delivery for about 1/2 of the appt.  Got me all excited (wait what?!  did I just say I was excited about that?)
  • I love that she gives me options instead of commands


15 weeks!

4 comments:

kelly ens said...

Certainly will be thinking of you this weekend!
sorry about the flu - hope it's done now!
midwives are awesome :) you look great! :)

Tyann said...

your beautiful!!! love your little baby growing!

paige said...

Love. This post didn't come through my dashboard for some reason so I missed it... I know even these days just before are all significant too... Praying for you as you 'mother from afar' this week.

lola said...

praying for you with weekend. I think of B when I look at my nearly four year old.