March 28, 2012

25 weeks

I finally got around to taking some belly pics.  I took a whole schwack-load of them to make up for my belatedness.
I'm feeling GREAT!  Lots of energy.  Lots of ambition.  Lots of excitedness! Kellan is getting more excited and aware now too.  He felt the baby kick the other day so he was all giddy! :)
Baby is kicking lots.  Mostly on my bladder - but thankfully it's still roomy enough in there AND that there is lots of time for baby to turn.  Isn't it somewhere around 7 months when they turn?  I should know by now...
Speaking of months, I am in disbelief that we're almost 6 months!!  I remember it feeling faster with Kalli, but seriously, this one is insane!!  I feel like I am ginormous and growing way faster than I should, but then I remember how many weeks I am and it makes sense.  Almost into double digit days!!!


I've gained 15 lbs so far - which is only a pound heavier than my last time.  BUT I'm 3 lbs heavier overall, so I'm trying not to stress about that.  I can't be as lucky as I was with the first 2 and will have to start working a little harder after baby since the pounds aren't coming off on their own anymore.  But then again, I have to remind myself that 3 lbs is nothing to stress about....I'm still at the bottom end for average prenatal weight gain so I just need to tell myself critical self to be quiet ;)   My belly is measuring the same as my last ones.....36 inches if anyone cares :)


I had a midwife appt on Tuesday and again all is well.  She was happy with my progress so far, and I am SUPER happy about having her :)  I have to get some bloodwork done next week for my Rh- blood, then a needle at my next appt.  (Same old, same old).  I do really love that I am having so little intervention done (as compared to my old Dr.) and every little thing doesn't need more bloodwork or an ultrasound (I don't blame him though for overcompensating since the outcome of baby #1 wasn't good.  I hate that he felt it was his fault....)


Thanks to my energy, I've been exercising more the past little while!  The past year I haven't done a whole lot other than walking, so it's nice to get into a routine again and build up some strength, endurance, flexibility and all that good stuff that helps out with labor/delivery/recovery and just overall goodness.  Along with some pregnancy pilates, yoga, and strength training I utilize the big hill we live on. There are some killer walking routes just out my front door so with the added 50ish pounds in the stroller I can get quite a good workout.  In the opposite direction of the hills there is nice flat routes too, so if the braxton hicks are bad or I don't quite have the energy I can take the gentler option.  Best of both worlds.
I'm thinking if I keep up walking the hills, I will shred my baby pounds pretty quick if I have all 3 kids in tow ;)
Ok, now I'm rambling!  G'night!

3 comments:

kelly ens said...

looking fantastic as ever, Jen!!! I think most women are conscious of their weight gain during pregnancy, but indeed, remember you're at the bottom end ;) you're a smaller build and you just don't gain as much as most pregnant women. you look great!

Jen said...

I get so much hope from reading your posts... I am just now on the "upswing" of energy - some days better than others.

You look lovely! (& to make you feel better, I am 9 weeks behind you and if things continue the same for each of us will definitely outweigh you in the end!) :)

lola said...

lookin great! I really need to figure out a good walking route because it's either our muddy property or the highway right now.

I've gained anywhere from 28-38 lbs with each of my pregnancy's and by six months postpartum with each one, I've weighed 121 lbs. I'm beginning to think that our bodies gain what they want when they are pregnant (to a certain degree).

Glad you feel great. I do too. Sometimes I let my mind anticipate the hugeness that's to come for me but I'm trying to enjoy the now and just pray for the best :)