April 17, 2014

30 weeks and my bi-annual update....

I'm pregnant.  Have I mentioned that yet?  It's still fun and exciting the 5th time around..... Baby is healthy and growing nicely.  My iron is super low but I think I'm on the upswing since I'm getting some energy back.  Life seems so crazy busy and chaotic at times but it's starting to be our normal, so I think this new little one will fit in quite nicely.

I try to ignore the thoughts of this coming fall with my oldest starting full-time kindergarten, my big little girl going to preschool, and the fact that I have to get them plus a full of life toddler and a newborn fed and out the door by just after 8 am....and me preferably out of my jammies....
So, I redirect my thoughts to the coming summer.... a soft and sweet smelling baby, lazy mornings, hot sunshine, shady maples, soft grass, sprinklers and squealing children, icey drinks on the deck and absolutely no schedule.  It's gonna be good.  Sooooo good!

But for now I will enjoy these last 2 months + of an ever growing belly.  I'm still comfortable, except for sore hips and vericose veins....  My nesting returned with full force this spring so I was able to cross off half of my (over the top) to-do list and am starting to get to the point where I'm ok if I don't get the rest done.  (Except for my oven.... I MUST CLEAN MY OVEN!!!)
I'm working 1 day a week and hoping to get another month in.  It requires lots of sitting and bending at the same time (I do advanced foot care) so it all depends on how big my belly gets and how sore my back gets.

A couple weeks ago.  28 weeks I think?:


I sold our old cheap cherry wood crib and change table; I have to admit I was a bit teary when it drove away.... but I found the exact same crib in white FOR FREE!  I set it up today and hung a few pictures on baby's side of the room.  It's super cute - baby is going to love it....

My hubby is also going full force with projects.  He put up trim in a few rooms upstairs, did a ton of yard work and odd jobs, installed a sprinkler system in our entire yard, now he is onto hauling in dirt and sod for our backyard.....all in between working 60 hour weeks and sleeping 5-6 hours at night... poor guy.  He's so tired.

Needless to say we are both counting down the days when we go on a 4 day getaway (sans kids!!!) to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  It's gonna be good. Sooooo good!  We haven't gone anywhere overnight without kids in 6 years....except to go have another kid.... so I think it's due :)

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things with our 3rd Annual Okanagan Walk to Remember.  Some days it's like pulling teeth to get people on board and find sponsors (down right frustrating at times), but have also been very blessed by some generous help and connections.  September scares me, but we'll survive.  I hope.  I have to remind myself that I know 100% that this is where God wants me to be and where my leftover energy and passions are to go, so I have total faith that He will give me the strength and abilities to do His will.  Some days I don't know what that is but I keep plodding along and pray He will lead me.  And He does.

Happy Easter Everyone.  He LIVES!

2 comments:

kelly ens said...

You could always come clean my oven while you're so energetic :)
You look fantastic, as always. crazy to think about what life will look like in september with all them cute kiddos :)

SOOOOOO excited for your 10 year getaway. YEAH! It's gonna be AWESOME!!! :)

lola said...

you look great and I'm so jealous. Mark and I held a newborn a few days ago and he said his uterus was aching :) For now I'll have to live vicariously through you.